Thursday, November 13, 2008

A little history of us!

Hey guys, it's Michael again.

In this section I want to tell you a little bit of the history of Silver Remains. I guess you could say that our band is sort of a miracle, but I'll go into that later. I'll explain a little on how it all got started. But first I want to tell you one fact that you probably picked up from our front page picture, it has a Bible verse on it that we hope gets the message across that we are all Christians. Now, that doesn't mean that all our music is going to be about how much we love Christ, (don't get me wrong we all love our Lord) but we don't believe you can have a song that really rocks out and sing about God at the same time. It just doesn't fit together very well. But anyway, back to the start of the band.

It stared at church on a Sunday morning, after the service. Me, my twin bro Devin, Eric and our Friend Jesse were all standing around talking about random things. We were all having a really good time, ( I mean more that usual) so when Jesse's mom and dad said he had to go, we were all bummed. We decided to see if we could all go over to his house with him... at the last minute... try not to do that with your parents, it usually doesn't go over to well. But this time it did, but we ended up going over to Eric's house instead. On the way out the door, Eric's mom asked us where we wanted to go for lunch. We chose B.J.'s pizza! If you haven't been there, GO! So we went there and while we were waiting for our food, the subject turned to music. I knew this already but Jesse played a mean guitar... So there I was, listening for everyone talk about music and what songs they were learning to play and it came to me, why don't we start a band. It just seemed like God had placed us in this position to do this, i mean it was to perfect not to notice it.
So we started going to Eric's house after church pretty much every Sunday after church. But there was one problem, from the very beginning, Jesse didn't really seem to enjoy playing the music that Eric wrote. Eric, being the mains source of our songs, was... ticked that Jesse was throwing pens at his computer because he disliked the song that he had written on Guitar Pro, and it was really wearing us down. There were a few songs that Jesse "approved" of but didn't really enjoy playing it. Me, Devin and Eric would be jumping up and down with excitement because we finished a song but Jesse would just sit there and be like, "sweet... we completed a song." I soon realised how unenthusiastic he was and, being the band leader, decided to talk with him about it. But, Jesse being Jesse decided he would only give me half of what he was feeling, and sort of told me that he was okay with being in the band and was enjoying himself.
But things only got worse from there. As our skills improved (mainly Jesse's) Eric's song got "boring". I didn't think so because I just wanted to play music whether it was fun to play or not, I just loved to play music as a band! But Jesse wasn't that way. The songs were to basic for him and he got really bored and soon told me about how one time he was trying to come up with a way to get out of coming to band-practice. One time he told me that he would rather have Austin, (my little brother, he plays a mean guitar too) in the band instead of Eric. That pushed me over the edge. I knew that he wasn't enjoying himself and that Eric and him were at each others throats. So I talked with Eric about it and he suggested we try a practice without Jesse. We did and, you can guess what happened, we completed a song in one day. Now this was unheard of when it came to out band, it took us about six weeks to get through one song with Jesse, and now that he wasn't there, we skyrocketed.
So we co-versed and decided to talk to Jesse about it. We asked if we would be willing to leave the band, because we thought it would be good for us all, and he happily did. It was a real bummer to see him leave, but at the same time a relief. Now this opened up so many doors to play other kinds of music other than just metal because Jesse was a metal freak (I have nothing against metal freaks).  So that is basically how we got where we are today. We decided on a name and made songs like crazy... 2 songs lol. But it's waaaay better than how it was going with a four-man band.
Now let me tell you how God is linked into all this. If you go back to near the beginning of this post, you'll find that Church is in that first paragraph. Church is the reason we all know each other in the first place, and God is the reason Church is here in the first place! I personally don't think that this band and friendship could have happened without God. Heck if you go way back in my history, I would still be in Alaska (same with Eric), but that's another story. We as a band have decided that if God got us here, then where could he could take us in the future is just unimaginable. So why not give the band to him? Why not pray before every practice whether it be on a Sunday, or a Monday. He has blessed us with so much, and if we are faithful with this band that he has given us, I think we will give us more.
We all hope to play live someday whether it be at a Church, school or some place far away. We'll probably start small but we can work our way up ^_^. Right now we're in the process of... well I could say we don't really know where we're going, other than finding a vocalist. We're playing music we like and making up music we like and having a great time!
I hope you had a good time reading this. I know I had a good time writing it. Maybe your in a band and it's inspired you, or maybe your just some guy/gal that stumbled upon our blog for no apparent reason. But either way I hope that this blog and this band will have an impact. I want this band and friendship to be like no other, and that's what we're aiming for.

That's all I have to say, God bless
Michael

P.S. Sorry about any grammar or spelling errors... I'm not the greatest speller.  (edited by Eric)

3 comments:

Gracie's Journey said...

That is really inspiring Michael. I hope God blesses your band abundantly!

Sheilla Kiwi said...

Hey guys!

The second I saw how long this post was...I knew Michael wrote it. lol

Wow...that is super awesome!
It's kinda nice knowing your guyzez history and all. :)
Maybe we should start praying before band practice from now on?...idk...you said it yourself...so why not? ;)

anyways..thanks for sharing! :)

God bless!...and you guys rock! B-)

Rachael

Sheilla Kiwi said...

P.S. I know it says silver Remains..its cause Aaron and I tried useing blogspot to make the website..but that didn't work...anyhoo...I guess I'm still showed as Silver Remains. oh well. Just thought I'd let you know that why it's says Silver Remains. :)